Creative Fragrance Manager Jobs In Dubai
About the job
Creative Fragrance Manager/Senior Evaluator for the Middle East & North Africa (MENA) – Home & Air Care Category
A Creative Fragrance Manager/Senior Evaluator with the global leader in the creation of Taste & Wellbeing and Fragrance & Beauty, and an essential member of our Fragrance Consumer Products Development team focusing on Home & Air Care Category for the exciting Middle East & North Africa markets while being based in our regional hub and Creative Centre in Dubai – Your future position?
Fragrance is at the heart of Givaudan. We have a rich history of creating fragrances that strike an emotional chord with consumers.
And inspired by our rich heritage and our contribution to defining the evolution of the trends over time. create scents that shape people’s lives.
Our senses step into gear from the moment we wake up in the morning until we turn in for the night.
The consumer grooming and cleaning regimen intersects with Consumer Products (Personal care, Home & Air care, Fabric care, Oral care), Fine Fragrance (Perfumes), and Active Beauty products, with fragrance at the core of every experience.
Givaudan Consumer Products (CP’s) are, more often than not, responsible for carrying you through the olfactive journey of your day.
Givaudan’s CP teams are present in every region of the world. Years of experience have resulted in an innate knowledge of consumer preferences depending on the segment and geographical location.
Our CP teams work together to create the success that Givaudan thrives on and brings together various skill sets – Creation and Evaluation, Consumer Market Research, Marketing, Sampling, Sales, Customer Relations, and QC. We have a selection of key competencies present in each region.
Due to an internal move, we have now opened up a new role for our Regional Fragrance Creative Centre in Dubai and recruiting for a ‘Creative Fragrance Manager (CFM)/Senior Evaluator’ to focus on our Home & Air Care category – final role designation to be decided by the team based on the interview and olfactive assessment feedbacks.
You will be a key member of our regional Fragrance Consumer Products Development team and focus on customers in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) markets which will be countries from – Morocco in Africa, to the Levant, the Gulf, Iran, and till Pakistan in South Asia.
The role will directly report to the Category Director for MENA for Fabric and Home & Air Care and offers excellent opportunities for your personal and professional development.
Our CFM’s and Evaluator’s are olfactive development specialists whose primary goal is to guide Perfumers in the fragrance development process.
To do so, CFM’s and Evaluator’s have a strategic view and analyze current olfactive trends, forecast future trends, and assess consumer preferences.
You will guide the fragrance development process alongside Key Account Managers, Perfumers, Marketing, Consumer Insights, Research, and Laboratory experts.
You will work for a company that touches billions of consumers more than a hundred times a day.
Our passion for our customers and their brands brings a new dimension to our Business to Business industry.
You will be working for the market leader that is at the forefront of innovation in an industry of emotions.
We have a culture that works to inspire, challenge and capture the heart and soul of consumers and customers.
Our customers in the MENA region have local, regional, and international profiles, bringing diversity and curiosity to our day to day job.
Sounds interesting? It could well be your perfect opportunity if, like us, you always aim to exceed customer needs, likes to deliver value, and are skilled at fostering strong relationships.
In this exciting role, you will be responsible for –
- Develop the olfactory strategy for customers, markets, categories, and accordingly guide the Perfumery teams.
- Manage and execute multiple complex briefs from customers and develop or select fragrances according to the given brief guidelines.
- Liaise with other regional creative centres, as necessary, to complete project assignments.
- Define fragrances to be tested and coordinate with the Consumer Market Insights (CMI) team.
- Translate CMI results into olfactory guidelines for Perfumers.
- Contribute to the olfactory analysis of new products to identify interesting notes for creative development.
- Develop new fragrances with Perfumers on a proactive basis.
- Work with the labs for testing product stability.
- Keep abreast of Givaudan and industry best practices and identify improvement opportunities for implementation.
Positioning and Marketing
- Anticipate market tastes; work closely with marketing colleagues on proactive concept generation.
- Write olfactory summaries of a region/market and customers for knowledge-building and sharing.
- Conduct customer presentations/interactions.
- Write fragrance descriptions linked to marketing trends.
- Efficiently manage the project pipeline of customer briefs and other internal or proactive initiatives.
- Ensure efficient execution of projects focusing on improving the win rate, customer intimacy, and speed of response.
Build and maintain relationships with customers
- Contribute to winning briefs by selecting suitable fragrances to meet customer needs.
- Actively participate in meeting customers and the preparation for customer visits.
- Build and maintain relationships with selected customers together with the Sales/Key Accounts team.
- Proactively provide the Sales/Key Accounts team with inputs for their account development plans.
Are you someone who wants to grow and shape your own world? Who thrives being in a culture where you can express yourself in a creative team environment?
Who wants to collaborate and learn together with teams who are as passionate as you are? Then come join us – and impact your world.
Your professional profile includes
- A Bachelor or university degree in a relevant discipline.
- A passion for the world of fragrances.
- 7+ years of relevant track record in fragrance evaluation or development in the Home and/or Air Care category. We are also open to candidates with Fabric Care experience now keen to focus on the Home & Air Care Category.
- Excellent oral and written proficiency in the English language. Knowledge of additional languages like French or Arabic will be advantageous, but not mandatory.
- Strong evaluation/application skills Knowledge of key consumer products categories, product design principles, advanced product and technical knowledge (innovations, manufacturing, stability, etc.), ability to dissect a fragrance, and offer intuitive and creative ideas within the project’s scope.
- Excellent consumer understanding Have a strong understanding and appreciation of market insights, protocols, practices, and a broad understanding of consumers.
- Project Management skills Able to prioritise and manage the time of self and the team to effectively contribute to the successful execution of projects.
- A team player and comfortable with cultural diversity.
- Excellent presentations skills and able to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Attractive package with benefits.
- Excellent opportunities for progressive learning and development.
- A creative team environment that will inspire you.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.givaudan.com.