To Be Confirmed
Farm Manager Expat Jobs In Dubai
About the job
Farm Manager Greenhouse main objective is plantation of Greenhouse in term of kind of vegetables and fruits Quantity and quantity.
Also oversee the entire business aspect and operation of the Greenhouse, plantation, Irrigation, cultivation and harvesting and other duties.
- Plan finances and production of greenhouse farms, and maintain farm progress against budgeted and parameters as per EAG goals and targets.
- Overlook and arrange maintenance and repair of farm buildings, machinery and equipment and obtain farm inventory.
- Participate in technical aspect of the hiring and evaluating candidates of Farm Operation team along with Human resources Department.
- Maintain and monitor quality of fruits and vegetables.
- Study and react based on implications of weather and prepare contingency plans.
- Ensure products are ready for deadlines for auctions and markets.
- Ensure farm activities comply with AEG policy and government regulations.
- Monitor and record all vegetable’s status and land use to meet EAG goals and objectives.
- Protect environment and maintain biodiversity.
- Direct and plan activities of farmers in term of plant, cultivating, and harvesting, and applying the knowledge of growth characteristics of individual vegetable’s, and soil, climate, and market conditions.
- Maintain well the quality of production
- Implement techniques of plantation, cultivation, and irrigation and harvesting.
- Implement techniques of fertilization, herbicides, and pesticides as international standard method and environmental friendly.
- Demonstrates and explains farm work techniques and safety regulations and SOP to other greenhouse workers.
- Inspect facilities and equipment for signs of disrepair, and perform necessary maintenance work.
- Position and regulate plant irrigation systems, and program environmental and irrigation control computers.
- Prepare soil for planting, and plant or transplant seeds, bulbs, and cuttings.
- Provide information to customers on the care of trees, shrubs, flowers, plants, and lawns.
- Assign work schedules and duties to nursery or greenhouse staff, and supervise their work.
- Determine plant growing conditions, such as greenhouses, hydroponics, or natural settings, and set planting and care schedules.
- Determine types and quantities of horticultural plants to be grown, based on budgets, projected Sales volumes, and/or executive directives.
- Explain and enforce safety regulations and policies.
- Identify plants as well as problems such as diseases, weeds, and insect pests.
- Manage nurseries that grow horticultural plants for sale to trade or retail customers, for display or exhibition, or for research.
- Select and purchase seeds, plant nutrients, disease control chemicals, and garden and lawn care equipment.
- Tour work areas to observe work being done, to inspect crops, and to evaluate plant and soil conditions.
- Apply pesticides and fertilizers to plants.
- Coordinate clerical, recordkeeping, inventory, requisitioning, and marketing activities.
Skills and knowledge required:
- Excellent knowledge of the Agriculture industry.
- Knowledge in plants, vegetables, fruits and harvesting.
- Ability to manage and run the Farm activities in all areas.
- Ability to meet targeted production and growth projections.
- Excellent knowledge in farm equipment’s and machinery.
- Ability to resolve problems or situations requiring the exercise of good judgment.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office package.
- Ability to speak read and write English and Afrikaans fluently.
- Ability to operate farm machinery
Bachelor or Master Degree in agricultural studies.
10 years professional experience as Farm Manager in agriculture field
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.