Pilot Mentor Jobs In Dubai
About the job
PAL Aerospace Services Aircraft Maintenance LLC, based in Abu Dhabi, is part of the PAL Group of Companies.
Our vision, to establish a special missions “Center of Excellence” in the UAE for aircraft modifications, mission systems integration, in-service support and ISR ownership and operation, is backed by our reputation as an international leader with over 40 years of fixed wing experience.
Our team values innovation and opportunity – both of which are at the forefront of the careers and family life of our team in the UAE.
PAL Aerospace is currently seeking qualified applicants for the Pilot Mentor position on the Dash-8 Maritime Patrol Aircraft (MPA) in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
This position is embedded with the UAE MPA Squadron, working with a team of Mentors and reporting to the PAL Aerospace UAE Director of Operations.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct airborne and classroom training to End-User aircrew, including but not limited to initial and advanced pilot training, proficiency evaluations and support, and MPA training
- Provide expertise, advice, and support to End-User for the ongoing improvement of Operational Readiness
- Update Tactical and Technical Operational Manuals and Standard Operating Procedures as required
- Participate in various types of training missions with End-User crews as an MPA Instructor Pilot
- Fulfill duties as an approved UAE Armed Forces Standards and Evaluation Flight Examiner
- Work with the Lead Mentor Pilot and other Mentor Team members to foster and enhance the required cohesion and attitude required of a team of civilian advisors in a military environment
- Work with the Lead Mentor Pilot and other Mentor Team members to ensure the mentorship program is delivered in accordance with the program Statement of Work (SOW)
- Participate in the monthly, quarterly, and annual training meetings where training objectives will be established and reviewed; these objectives will guide training and mentoring activities and set the benchmark for success
- Assist the Lead Mentor Pilot with maintaining a full overview of the tasks assigned and their priority as per the objectives established with the End-User in the Annual Training Plan
- Prioritize tasks and the capacities and efforts assigned
- Allocate PAL LLC crew members to flight status and mission allocation such that licensing and operate flight regulations are adhered to, including max crew day, flight hours, and med status.
- Make recommendations to the Lead Mentor Pilot regarding development courses and required training in close cooperation with the PAL Aerospace Training Coordinator and the office of the Chief Pilot of PAL Aerospace
- Assist with support End-User Maritime Patrol Ground Centre (MPGC) operators in the effective functions of the MPGC, including supporting mission planning, briefing, flight following, and post-mission activities.
- Assist End-User in administrative duties when needed, and document creation and amendments
- Military pilot background preferred
- Military instructor qualification preferred
- Current Dash-8 Type rating or previous experience as on Dash-8 aircraft
- Checked out as Instructor (Training Captain) on Dash-8
- Minimum 3000 hours total time
- Experience in Maritime Patrol, surveillance, and/or reconnaissance operations would be considered an asset
- Working in a multicultural environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven experience and success in supervising, coaching and mentoring others
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.