Senior Commercial Attorney Jobs In Dubai
About the job
Microsoft has an immediate opportunity for a highly skilled and experienced Commercial Attorney to join the Middle East and Africa Headquarters (MEA HQ) team.
The Commercial Attorney will partner closely with in-country lawyers and business clients at the subsidiary and regional levels to provide commercial legal support to the United Arab Emirates subsidiary and more generally throughout the region.
The Commercial Attorney will work as part of the MEA Corporate, External and Legal Affairs (CELA) team that includes government affairs professionals, attorneys, investigators, and administrators.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Structure, draft, and negotiate digital transformation and complex strategic deals across various industry verticals, including highly regulated industries such as public sector, financial services, and healthcare.
- Partner closely with corporate engineering, privacy, regulatory, compliance, legal, and business stakeholders to resolve commercial legal blockers, mitigate risks, and enable sales opportunities across the region.
- Provide a wide array of commercial legal support, including drafting and negotiating commercial agreements and advising on a broad range of legal issues such as intellectual property, data protection, privacy, competition, marketing, and applicable regulatory matters.
- Serve as principal point of contact and regional liaison on commercial legal issues for members of the legal and business teams based in the UAE and other MEA geographies.
- Participate in strategic planning and deal pipeline reviews with business clients and CELA subsidiary teams.
- Develop and share best practices with commercial attorneys and business clients across the region and contribute to the continuous improvement and development of our commercial legal support processes.
- Train internal business clients and CELA colleagues on complex legal issues that may arise in the sales of Microsoft’s products and services.
- Partner with outside counsel to develop strategies and innovative solutions to address legal issues and achieve business objectives.
- Broad experience negotiating complex commercial transactions, particularly in the technology industry, including in highly regulated industries such as public sector, financial services, and/or healthcare.
- Excellent written and oral advocacy skills.
- Significant experience in the legal department of a global company (or similar experience in a global law firm).
- Familiarity with relevant legal issues in the technology industry, including intellectual property, data protection, privacy, compliance, antitrust, artificial intelligence, cybersecurity, and software licensing.
- Experience dealing with diverse cultures and managing and building strong client relationships.
- Excellent team player with the ability to work and communicate with senior management, in a high-pressured business environment, with a flexible, open, collaborative and results-oriented attitude.
- A record of professional growth and success.
- Ten years of relevant professional activity.
- Law degree.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
The Successful Candidate Will
- Have the ability to work proactively and independently while also being capable of working and contributing in a collegial team setting within the MEA team and across Microsoft.
- Help grow business opportunities through application of public policy and legal support.
- Manage a broad workload across legal functions to enable and support Microsoft’s priorities across the region.
- Adapt to a changing environment with creative solutions in support of regional business directions.
To apply for this job please visit careers.microsoft.com.