Tester – Elevators & Escalators Jobs In Abu Dhabi
About the job
KONE, one of the global leaders in the elevator and escalator industry has an opportunity for a Tester to be based in our Abu Dhabi office within the new equipment business.
Reporting to the Field Support Engineer the successful candidate will be responsible to carry out tests and final inspections on site. We are looking for a dynamic individual who can multitask along with having a customer-focused attitude.
What will you do?
- Liaises with relevant site personnel to ascertain the state of lift. Ensures that the lift is electrically safe
- Commissions the lift in accordance with the agreed specification parameters
- Tests the lift in accordance with the relevant test document and KONE standard interpretation of EN81, Lift Directive and/or Design (Essential Health & Safety Requirements compliance)
- Records any abnormalities for corrective action or inclusion in Heath & Risk Assessment for the lift/site
- Carries out the final inspection and signs the Final inspection document
- Reports the condition of the lift to the Installation Supervisor who is responsible for all the site activities.
- Takes part in meetings and workgroups related to quality and technical issues
- Responsible for the lift well security (safe for other trades and public etc) and safety of all persons involved in the installation activities during commissioning and testing of the lift (or escalator)
Are you the one?
- ITI or Diploma holder
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role within the Elevator & Escalator Industry
- Strong Electrical Background
- Good verbal and written English communication skills
To apply for this job please visit kone.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.