Transformation Manager Jobs In Dubai
About the job
The role is part of the Transformation Office of Emirates Transport. The Transformation Office was established in 2020 to manage execution of the Emirates Transport 2021-2025 Strategic Plan.
The strategic plan aims at increasing Emirates Transport revenues though enhancement of its products and services in all business lines, optimizing costs through digitalization of processes, and increasing customer focus and engagement.
Execution of the strategy is one of the top priorities and focus areas for the management and shareholders.
Transformation Manager will lead definition of strategic initiatives in accordance with the overall objectives of the strategic plan, provide execution support to the business, monitor execution and review deliverables.
The main objective of the role is to ensure that the strategic initiatives are executed as per the scope, on time, within budget, and with the required level of quality, and that the objectives of the initiatives and the target outcomes are achieved.
Depending on the seniority and the level of experience of the candidate, the position will oversee different number and complexity of initiatives.
- Opportunity to contribute to the success of one of the largest government companies in the UAE and one of the largest school transport operators in the world
- A challenging mandate to implement change and improve the business of a transport company instrumental to the UAE education sector, and to many governmental institutions, as well as largest government and private companies in the UAE
- Opportunity to work on solving operational challenges impacting various aspects of the business, and to learn about all aspects of the school transport, transport and lease, and MRO business, as well as digital services and solutions
- Opportunity to cooperate with colleagues across functions, exposure to senior management and stakeholders
- Opportunity to further develop analytical, project management and stakeholder management skills.
- Propose updates to strategic plan based on business developments, progress of initiatives and input from stakeholders
- Based on the updates and changes in the strategic plan, define new / update strategic initiatives
- Support prioritization discussions and decisions by management
- Strategy execution management
- Lead detailed definition of strategic initiatives based on the objectives of the strategy, stakeholder input and knowledge of business and challenges
- Guide initiative leads to define / detail the scope of work, initiative plans, identify risks and challenges, and to define resource requirements
- Guide initiative leads to execute analysis and planning, develop business cases, and to execute the scope of work; guide and structure the thought process, provide templates, examples, best practice, etc.
- Review progress of initiative execution, identify roadblocks, guide initiative leads to address the challenges in order to progress as per the plan
- Guide initiative leads to identify risks and challenges related to the execution of strategic initiatives, as well as resource requirements; work with the leads to create respective action plans; monitor and support execution of actions
- Identify dependencies between initiatives, work with leads to coordinate action plans
- Guide initiative leads to manage stakeholders, create alignment in the organization with regards to expected benefits and outcomes, timelines and resources
- Based on progress, findings and learnings, identify the need to revise the scope and timeline, manage respective updates
- Report progress to the Steering Committee and the Board of Directors
- Prepare analyses for decisions required by the Steering Committee
- Maintain updated initiative and strategic plan documentation
- Prepare yearly budget for strategy execution
- Prepare and execute communication on the progress of strategy execution
Knowledge sharing and capability transfer
- Share project management methodologies, tools, knowledge and experience with initiative leads and teams where required, to enhance project management and strategy execution capabilities of the organization
Knowledge and experience
- A degree in Business Administration, or a related field
- Experience in project management, especially in managing large-scale business transformation projects
- 5+ years’ experience in similar roles
- Experience in the Middle East is a must
- Consulting experience, especially in strategic planning, transformation, PMO, is an advantage
- Transport industry knowledge is an advantage
Skills and qualities
- Strong drive, initiative and engagement; highly organized and able to work independently
- Enthusiastic about driving change and business improvements
- Analytical-minded, diligent, and detail oriented
- Creative and resourceful
- Structured and effective written and verbal communication in English
- Good stakeholder management skills
- High work ethics and quality standards
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.