Systems Engineer Jobs In Abu Dhabi
About the job
EDGE is an advanced technology group established to develop disruptive solutions for defence and beyond. Solving real world challenges,
it is dedicated to bringing innovative technologies and services to market with greater speed and efficiency.
Our people are at the core of our business, inspiring us to imagine a new world of endless possibilities.
Leveraging advanced technologies such as autonomous capabilities, cyber-physical systems and directed energy to artificial intelligence,
we recognise that changing the fundamentals of the defence industry will take real collaboration and creativity.
This is why we want you to be a part of our global team. Join us today to enable a secure future.
- Design, install and configure internal and customer facing servers, storage devices, AD servers, Backup System and all Microsoft related systems.
- Proactively manage and maintain Server and all Data Centre related systems infrastructure services.
- Administer and support core Microsoft, Linux, Oracle, VMware and Hyper V technologies.
- Establish, maintain and manage users Active Directory accounts. Install, modify and maintain systems and utility software on server computer systems. Provide server support related to other software.
- Establish guidelines and methods for the installation and management of the host computer operating systems, disk arrays, fiber channel switches, tape libraries and other component related to converged and hyper converged systems.
- Ensure high availability and acceptable levels of performance of mission critical host computer resources.
- Ensure Patch Management systems are in place and make sure relevant patches are applied on timely manner following the Change Management Process.
- Administer and support information backup infrastructure, backup schedules, testing and retention.
- Develop and implement project plans, risk assessments and contingency plans.
- Develop procedures to maintain security and protect systems from unauthorized use, acts of nature and user abuse.
- Administer monitoring, configuration management and reporting functions that will make a hands-off environment.
- Maintain inventory and asset configuration documentation.
- Assist with hardware, software and related technology vendor evaluation and recommendations.
- Work closely with the concerned sub-functions to define system requirements
- Support in the development of the overall systems interfacing for relevant systems working across multiple stakeholders and internal teams
- Regularly conduct system maintenance activities and recommend solutions for system enhancement
- Align on implementation and improvement strategies to ensure seamless integration of systems across EDGE and its entities
- Record and maintain system maintenance records for auditing / compliance / reporting purposes
- Provide continuous support to relevant systems, identification and implementation of the required system updates/ upgrades as well as the resolution of all software related issues across EDGE and its entities
- Liaise between the Product/Solution/Applications Management team and the end users internally and externally to ensure the successful solution implementation
- Implement system quality standards and ensure compliance across the Product/Solution/Applications Management team
- Provide delivery support in integration, testing and commissioning activities, ensuring program timelines, milestones and project objectives are maintained in coordination with the IT PMO sub-function
- Minimum of 5 years of experience
- Experience in UAE or Middle East is desirable
- Bachelor’s degree in information Technology or related discipline
- Certification in Microsoft Technologies, Virtualization Technology, Cloud Computing, Storage are desirable
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.