Big Data Engineer Jobs in UAE
About the job
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide – one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
In Your Role, You Will
- Lead the enterprise cloud data platform governance and manage the cloud data asset (data lake, cloud DWH, pipelines, access, …).
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture to meet business needs.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation and loading(ETL) of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and cloud-based ‘big data’ technologies (Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, Spark, Kafka, Pig, data streaming, NoSQL, SQL, programming)
- Design and implement life cycle management processes to enable continuous integration and continuous deployment of data systems
- Integrate data from various resources (including external data sources and IoT) and manage the big data as a key enterprise asset.
- Create and maintain backend data solutions for data analysts and data scientists to assist them in unlocking insight from enterprise data.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing data infrastructure for greater scalability, etc
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs
- Maintain compliance to data architecture requirements
- Identify data quality issue and make recommendation for addressing root causes.
As our ideal candidate,
- You hold a bachelor’s degree in computer science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field
- You have 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role
- You have minimum 3 years training (academic or on the job) in Agile / SCRUM project delivery
- You have advanced working SQL knowledge, query authoring and experience working with relational databases
- You have experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ pipelines, architectures and data sets
- You have experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- You have experience building processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- You have experience in manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- You have experience in packaging data systems environments into deployment pipelines
- You have working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
- You have experienced in data protection measures, data privacy and collaboration with Cyber team
- You have minimum of 2 years working with MPP database (Massively Parallel Processing)
- You h ave experience with columnar database technologies
- You have experience optimizing data solutions with various file format (CSV, Parquet, ORC, Avro)
- You demonstrated project and program experience managing controlled/sensitive data internally and externally
- Azure data services (Azure Data Factory, Synapse, Azure Data Lake Storage, Event Hub, Polybase, Databricks, Delta lake, Cognitive Services, …)
- AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift, glue would be an asset
- You have strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets
- Big data tools: Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Kafka, Apache Iceberg, etc.
- Relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including MS SQL, Postgres, Neo4j, MongoDb, Casandra, Hbase …
- Object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc
- Understanding of GDPR and other regulatory requirements governing data lifecycle management
- You have strong project management and organizational skills.
- You have experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
Bombardier is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
- Like Our Facebook Page Facebook/liveuaejobs.com Get More Live Updates Jobs in Facebook..
- Follow Our LinkedIn Profile linkedin.com/ Get More Live Updates Jobs in LinkedIn.
- Join Our WhatsApp Group Liveuaejobs.com/whatsappgroup Get More Live Updates Jobs in WhatsApp.
To apply for this job please visit bombardier.taleo.net.