Website International Schools Partnership
Classroom Assistant Jobs in Abu Dhabi
The purpose of the role of Teaching Assistant is to provide support to the students and the class teachers of the school inside and outside of the classroom. They assist the teacher in providing in class support for children with their work, along with other tasks of a more general nature.
Requirements And Duties
- Contributes appropriately with lesson planning and assessment processes including the organization and management of books/files for individual children.
- Prepares materials or equipment for class lessons, group work or for individual children.
- Leads & assists groups of children or individuals with their tasks.
- Reads stories to groups of children.
- Prepares any ICT equipment (for example: computers, iPad, digital camera, DVD, Bee Bot, etc.).
- Accompanies children on visits.
- Comforts young distressed and vulnerable children in accordance with safeguarding procedures.
- Prepares Art and Craft materials and/or tidy them away.
- Mounts and displays children’s work appropriately.
- Supervises children using the cloakroom (toilet)/playtimes/start time and home times especially at transition times.
- Labels and stores equipment appropriately.
- Laminates and/or photocopy materials/resources.
- Take part, on a daily basis, in the Rota which provides supervision in the playground at playtimes and supervise at transition times especially at start time and home time
- Maintains confidentiality about personal details revealed by the children
- Reports incidents to Teacher and or Head of Early Years in accordance with the Safeguarding Policy
- Maintains and promotes the School’s professional reputation.
- Transport children to school by picking-up children at assigned stops; instructing children when it is safe to board the vehicle; established loading and unloading procedures,
- Maintains safe conditions while traveling by enforcing safety and discipline rules and following all vehicle and driving laws as outlined by the School & DoT
- Complete daily all pre-and post-trip inspections for safety and security by inspecting and documenting the vehicle logs prior to completing daily shift.
- Implement emergency plan in the event of an accident; appropriately administer to the needs of the members on-board, administer first-aid, and complete accident report and documentation for all accidents or incidents that occur in the bus.
- Take daily attendance of students
- Physically check the bus after every trip to be sure that no child is left behind
- Provide assistance to students in fastening their seatbelts and ensure that they are properly strapped in throughout the journey. Insures all students are seated at all times on the bus
- Oversee student behavior within the bus and intervene during untoward incidents such as bullying
- Reports any delays in pickup/drop off to parents
- Prepare reports such as attendance, schedules and student
Health and Safety
- Emphasizes the importance of safety in all areas of the curriculum, communicating to the pupils the importance of a responsible attitude towards personal safety, the safety of others and respect for Reach British School’s property and equipment
- Perform all playground duties on time and with due diligence to safeguard Reach students
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities
- Assist in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and conduct
- Ensure that, all the necessary health and safety rules and procedures are being followed
- Maintain an awareness of all the health and safety measures to be taken when in school
Minimum Educational Qualifications Required for the Role: High School Diploma
Minimum Years of Experience Required – 2 years
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Willing attitude to be a part of the school team
- Strong sense of professionalism
- Safeguarding and welfare of children
- Excellent communication skills and command of the English language, in spoken and written form
- A collaborative team-player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Behavior management
- Empathetic listener
- Integrity and confidentiality
- Internationally minded Emotional intelligence
- Intercultural awareness, creative
- Flexible and a can-do attitude
To apply for this job please visit careers.internationalschoolspartnership.com.