FIVE Hotels and Resorts
Cost Controller Jobs in Dubai
About the job
An Exhilarating Opportunity
Looking to be a part of an award-winning team that leads at the forefront of entertainment innovation? We have the perfect opportunity currently available for a dynamic personality focused on delivering first-of-its-class guest experiences at FIVE Hotels and Resorts, dare-to-be-different destinations that capture the glamour and vibe of Dubai and Zurich.
Dubbed the hottest hotel on Palm Jumeirah, FIVE Palm Jumeirah is set against a breathtaking backdrop of a 150m private beach and Dubai Marina skyline, this lifestyle hotel boasts 470 luxurious rooms and suites with ocean or city views.
The resort is a party and culinary hot spot with a range of restaurants, bars, and a nightclub, inviting a new experience every day. Whether you are looking for a gourmet dining experience or want to dance the night away, our resort creates laid back or high energy choices from breakfast to the early hours as you design your stay.
Design your vibe at FIVE Jumeirah Village, a glorious city chic hotel that captures the pulsating excitement of new Dubai.
Visitors curate their own high-rise private pool celebrations (the property boasts of 270 pools), sunbath in style or enjoy a special dinner overlooking the world-famous sparkling Dubai skyline. Our award-winning sky villas were designed with more than sleep in mind as FIVE Jumeirah Village flawlessly combines a myriad of entertainment options, a culinary smorgasbord and first-rate guest services – after all, FIVE knows how to throw an exceptionally good party!
“This is unashamedly about luxury,” – Daily Mail.
And opening soon: FIVE Zurich!
A sneak peek of this exciting new project, which opens in 2022, reveals that this newly revamped lifestyle hotel and Swiss hot spot that has previously been visited by the likes of Rihanna, Freddy Mercury, Grace Jones and Muhammad Ali as regular guests, overlooks the city center from Zurich’s stunning Uetliberg plateau and will offer 149 rooms and 87 stunning contemporary suites as well as several award-winning culinary concepts centered around FIVE’s hallmark musical stylings. The new FIVE hotel in Zurich will seamlessly unite the very best of Swiss hospitality with FIVE’s characteristic flair for an exceptionally indulgent experience for guests from the city and international visitors alike.
So, stay tuned!
The VIBE at FIVE is all about performing optimally while having the best professional experience of your life – you will have a passion for your role, will disrupt norms and have the best time of your life – as a world of opportunity awaits you!
As Cost Controller you will join a committed Finance team driven with the intent of delivering ‘FIVE-star’ financial services to a homegrown brand in the heart of vibrant Dubai and glamorous Zurich.
As our ideal candidate, you have proven experience in a highly active environment. Your organisational, communication, and leadership skills are second to none and you enjoy developing solutions that push groundbreaking boundaries.
You’ll work closely with the management team to develop constantly evolving service goals.
- The Cost Controller should liaise closely with the Food & Beverage department on various operational and cost related issues
- Cost Controller should prepare the costing for recipes and menus prepared by the Executive Chef, and suggest the selling price
- To perform test checking on the receiving of goods at the hotel, to see that the procedures are followed correctly
- Should perform random test counts in the Stores
- Daily Flash Report of food costs to be prepared
- To attend major banquet events with open bar
- Prepare the F&B costing of major banqueting events
- Verify the banquet revenue breakdown summary as per the banquet event order
- Verify outlet open item report to see that correct pricing has been applied, and take necessary action in input the recurring items in the POS system
- Should randomly test the inventory of outlets by reconciling the opening stock with the closing stock, taking account of store issues and sales
- Attend outlet theme nights to ensure beverage consumption is properly recorded, and no misuse has occurred
- Requisitions for special events to be scrutinised
- Review and prepare outlet buffet costing periodically
- Verify and control complimentary Bar Order forms, Club Floor F&B cost, fruit baskets in the rooms etc.
- Verify major minibar rebates, and brief the Assistant Director of Finance
- Post and file inter outlet bar transfers
- Transfer POS (micros) revenue data, and run the potential usage report
- Control Steward Sales issued, and prepare monthly summary for the same
- Verifying Daily Receiving Report
- Verify costing of invoices of imported items
- Verify and record beverages received free of cost
- Review and verify spoilage
- Verify general store issue reports on weekly basis produced by Store in-charge
- Analyse and prepare Entertainment, Complimentary, Employee Relation & Employee Meals cost at month end
- Prepare F&B cost distribution summary at the month end
- Perform Beverage, General Store and Engineering Store inventory at the month end
- Prepare Food & Beverage cost reconciliation at the month end
- Prepare inventory variation report
- Prepare Cost Controller’s report
- Review the monthly inventory reconciliation reports
- Micros items creation, changes to all the restaurants
- Create the beverage recipes in Adaco and link for interface
- Review and approve food & beverage recipes
- Ensure budgeted food cost & beverage cost are achieved on a monthly basis
- Actively review, alongside the Director of F&B, the slow moving inventory items on a monthly basis and propose an action plan to reduce levels
- Give full support in completion of external audits
- Duties and responsibilities apply for hotel and residence units
- Complete any other ad hoc duties assigned by the DOF
What We’re Looking For
- You should have a degree in hotel management or accounting and at least 5 years’ of previous experience within a hotel environment
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- A sound knowledge of F&B cost controlling
- computer literacy is a must, while knowledge of Opera, Micros, FBM and SUN System is an asset.
- Have the ability to think laterally and the ability to process information and merchandise through computer systems, coupled with the ability to work independently in a dynamic team, while possessing following additional competencies:
- Planning for Business
- Supervising People
- Understanding Differences
- Supervising Operations
- Effective Communication
- Customer Focus
- Driving for Results
Rewards At Work! Benefits For Life!
- Live the exciting FIVE Life
- Attractive incentive schemes
- Rapid career advancement
- Team-spirited colleagues
To apply for this job please visit fivehotelsandresorts.zohorecruit.com.