Front Office Shift Leader Jobs In Dubai
About the job
Primary responsibility of the role is to manage the complete day to day activities of the front desk at the hotel for the shift which he / she is allotted to.
Key Accountabilities –
- Fully conversant with all the Front Office equipment and computer.
- Fully conversant with the Hotel’s Policies and Procedures and ensures that they are being adhered to.
- Oversees the running of the reception desk to ensure that all guests are being checked in (out) as per Hotel’s Policies and procedures
- Identify room rates structures for both groups & individual bookings.
- Ensure that rooms are assigned according to the reservation & as per guest’s requests.
- Assist the Front office manager in occupancy forecasts & practice yield management.
- Carries out training within the department for new recruits and on going training for the staff while on their shift.
- Assumes control of reservations & room blockings outside normal reservation hours.
- Out books guests of the Hotel in line with the correct standard Hotel operating procedure.
- Fully be aware of the health and safety in the department.
- Conducts team briefing before shift.
- Reviews arrival list for all arrivals and VIPs refereeing to room allocation, VIP treatments and special requirements.
- Handles guest complaints and refers them to FOM, if necessary. Follows upon correcting
- Compiles and takes action on an exceeded credit report.
- Processes the No Show Lists on daily basis by agreement with Front Office Manager.
- Provides support to all reception staff in order to ensure a smooth, prompt and polite service. Organizes the meal break time accordingly.
- Obtains information on the volume of business using the occupancy forecast and draws up a work schedule optimized to this, in good time, by agreement with Front Office Manager.
- Is familiar with all the work sequences at Reception and on the telephone switchboard, coordinate all tasks within a shift in order to guarantee smooth, harmonious and appropriate work sequences.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures to achieve overall objectives of this position.
- To understand and strictly adhere to the Rules & Regulations established in the Employees Handbook and the Hotel’s policy on Fire, Hygiene, Health & Safety.
- To ensure that all potential and real hazards are reported and rectified immediately.
- Understand and strictly adhere to the Code of Conduct.
- Report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and name tag at all times.
- Performs any other duties as assigned to him/her by management.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Hotel Management / Course in Hotel Management
- 2-4 years hotel industry experience.
- Minimum 1 year of experience as Shift leader/ Supervisor in Front office in 3 or 4-star hotel
- GCC experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experienced and effective people manager.
- On the feet thinking to drive creative solutions to overcome obstacles.
- Is a team player, willing to learn, train and motive the team.
To apply for this job please visit landmarkgroup.taleo.net.