Legal Officer Jobs in Abu Dhabi
About the job
Emirates Development Bank is looking for Legal Officer to join our team. The Legal Officer will report to Head of Legal Department and be responsible for legal activities in a pro-active manner to prevent the bank from being exposed to the risks and financial losses as a result of failure to comply with applicable laws, regulations, codes of conduct and standards of good practice relevant to EDB’s activities.
- Manage litigation cases on different stages in coordination with the related parties.
- monitor the implementation of the approved legal yearly plans as well the associated reviews and consulting services.
- Develop EDB’s standard contract templates from a legal perspective to ensure that the Bank’s interests are well protected.
- Oversee the legal affairs of EDB to ensure that the bank is protected from a wide variety of legal risks (contractual risks, litigation risks, etc.), from EDB’s business venture.
- Assess and approve affiliation of external lawyers with the entity, notaries, court clerks, or other legal associates.
- Ensure required information/ documents are provided to the external lawyers to defend the court case.
- Review written correspondence and contracts between EDB and relevant parties with a view to avoid potential legal implications and ensure compliance with legal requirements.
- Review contracts / legal agreements, documents and forms for transactions to ensure they are compliant with relevant laws and regulations.
- Follow-up on cases and legal proceedings concerning EDB, and any other legal assistance required such as the review of external communication protocols and publications.
- Advise department when changes to laws and regulations may require changes in standard form documentation that may affect the products and servicing offered by EDB.
- Provide the required support and interpretation in cases of disputes on interpretation of contract terms and conditions and address any contractual irregularities that may arise.
Minimum required skills and qualification
- UAE National with family book is preferer
- +4 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field require
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.