Service Team Leader Jobs in Dubai
Purpose Of The Job
To supervise the hub-based service team in all aspects associated with major events equipment including routine servicing, maintenance, repair and upgrades preparing for hire and dispatch to project sites and depots around the world. Provide the maximum availability of equipment at all times in line with Aggreko policies and procedures and ensure that the highest standards are maintained for all events equipment.
- Minimize equipment that is in service to ensure maximum availability at all times while adhering to predetermined production plans.
- Monitoring and implementing adherence to appropriate legislation and specific electrical test rules and regulations.
- Ensure that all service documentation is completed in a legible and timely manner.
- Conduct induction, performance appraisal, development and training of direct reports and new starters.
- Implementing and where necessary improving standard work instructions.
- Reduction of costs by implementing workplace improvement techniques.
- Day to day delegation of work to the team and also hand on repairs will be part of this role.
- Supervision of cable production and panels testing procedures for green carding.
- QC and final inspection of all equipment prior to dispatch to events.
- Monitoring spare parts stock levels and making the necessary purchase orders.
- Aggreko places a strong emphasis on Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental protection. It is a requirement and moral obligation of each employee to be actively committed and accountable for compliance to the Aggreko Health, Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and local legislation, and ensure completion and validity of all minimum QHSE training and objectives required by the company.
- Timely execution of regular maintenance and servicing of all equipment in accordance with Aggreko service procedures.
- Identify common repeat failures on equipment to prevent reoccurrence using available data and resources.
- Provide technical support within the department and to external teams where applicable.
- Any other duties considered related essential for effective operations and service as requested.
- City and Guides or NVQ in electrical engineering/servicing or equivalent qualifications.
- Time-served electrician with experience more than 5 years, preferably within Aggreko.
- Has extensive knowledge and experience in electrical environment.
- Supervising a team with the ability to deliver high levels of performance.
- Able to work extended hours from time to time when the job demands this at short notice.
- Able to withstand pressure and meet challenging deadlines.
- Commitment to safety and well-being of all personnel.
- Willing to travel and work away from home if and when required to.
- People supervisory skills including good communication, leadership skills, motivation and team building.
- Possession of valid local driving license beneficial.
- Strong and proven ability to plan, organise and prioritise own workload, and to manage the workload of others to ensure deadlines are met.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing demands and priorities, resolve problems and to lead change within the team.
- High level of commitment, loyalty and professionalism.
- The ability to read, write, speak and understand English is a prerequisite.
- Good keyboard skills and computer literate.
- Able to command the respect and cooperation of a multinational workforce.
- Quality oriented with attention to detail and capable of working to deadlines.
- Capable of working on his/her own initiative.
To apply for this job please visit aggreko.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.