Website New York University
Table of Contents
Administrative Assistant Jobs In Abu Dhabi
About the job
UAE Nationals are encouraged to apply
New York University Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) seeks to appoint an Administration Assistant for the Kawader Program, reporting to Associate Director, Research Public Outreach & Kawader Program.
The Administration Assistant will be required to perform a wide range of clerical, secretarial, and general office duties including those of a confidential nature pertaining to the Kawader Program and the Research Outreach department. They will be required to respond to inquiries displaying a comprehensive knowledge of the Kawader program’s activities, policies and researchers, assist with the prioritization of office activities (and delegate to and monitor work of student and/or casual employees), compose letters and correspondence, perform general word processing, spreadsheet and data entry duties utilizing intermediate-level functions and monitor moderately complex budgets and/or grants.
- Serve as source of information to the students, staff and researchers and faculty on policies, procedures, office activities and Kawader program specifics
- Respond to general inquiries, application inquiries, resolve routine problems, and consult with supervisor or others, as needed, on more complex issues
- Kawader recruitment: Screening of application via interfolio, shortlist CV’s for supervisor’s review
- Responding to potential applicant inquiries
- Schedule interviews and conduct regular updates on recruitment master-sheet
Compose routine letters/presentations and correspondence for supervisor’s review and approval
- Proofread documents for accuracy and completeness
- Perform other general word processing and data entry duties
- Create and update spreadsheets
Schedule appointments, maintain individual and/or department calendar
- Scheduling/logistical coordination of individual catchups with researchers
Monitor activity of moderately complex department budgets and/or grants and maintain data on spreadsheets
- Review expenses and invoices for accuracy, investigate discrepancies, and report results to supervisor
- Keep track of OTPS expenses and overall Kawader Payroll/Budget for supervisor’s review
- Update Kawader web pages
- Utilize desktop publishing software to design and produce materials for the department (e.g. flyers and posters).
Perform other clerical duties: photocopy and fax materials, process forms, maintain office files and records, pick up/deliver mail and materials, etc.
- Assist with the prioritization of office activities and delegate to and monitor work of student and/or casual employees.
- Bachelors Degree
- 2 years or more within an office environment (ideally in an academic setting)
- Fluency with MS Office (Power Point, Excel, Word, etc.)
- Fluent with spreadsheet creation and analysis
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Team player and works well under pressure and deadlines
- Arabic speaking
NYU Abu Dhabi is a degree-granting research university with a fully integrated liberal arts and science undergraduate program in the Arts, Sciences, Social Sciences, Humanities, and Engineering. NYU Abu Dhabi, NYU New York, and NYU Shanghai, form the backbone of NYU’s global network university, an interconnected network of portal campuses and academic centers across six continents that enable seamless international mobility of students and faculty in their pursuit of academic and scholarly activity. This global university represents a transformative shift in higher education, one in which the intellectual and creative endeavors of academia are shaped and examined through an international and multicultural perspective. As a major intellectual hub at the crossroads of the Arab world, NYUAD serves as a center for scholarly thought, advanced research, knowledge creation, and sharing, through its academic, research, and creative activities.
To apply for this job please visit abudhabi-nyu.icims.com.