Balmer Lawrie UAE LLC
Purchasing Engineer Jobs In Dubai
About the job
The Supply Chain Engineer has broad-ranging responsibilities in all aspects of Supply Chain, purchasing operations and is responsible for ensuring that the day-to-day supply chain business results are achieved.
This role combines analysis and reporting along with hands-on application within each of the departments in Supply Chain to ensure excellence in the overall performance of the operations.
The position provides backup and support to key positions within the Supply Chain Head to provide support for Inventory, Assembly, planning and purchasing teams whenever needed.
- B. E Mechanical with Diploma in Stores and Inventory Management.
- Minimum 4 years of hard-core Mechanical and Electrical Engineering purchasing.
- Minimum 3 years demonstrated experience in Inventory management.
- Familiarity with Supply Chain Management (SCM) software, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software, and/or Material Requirements Planning (MRP) software.
- Understanding of Integrated supply chain and logistics concepts and theories.
- Hands-on experience with logistics, inventory management and procurement.
- Purchasing experience is an asset.
1. Support the Supply Chain Head/Works manager and Supply Chain team members in all aspects of day to day operations to ensure that the day to day supply chain business results are achieved.
2. Procurement of Engineering spares, consumables, packing material.
3. Receive material indents from stores, maintenance, production, locate supplier, negotiate price, release orders and ensure timely delivery of items.
4. Co-ordinate with consumable and spare parts stores for maintaining minimum stock and avoid stock out situation.
5. Maintain all documentation i.e. Indents POs, GRN, purchase records as required by ISO system
6. Assist, support and provide backup coverage for all Supply Chain team members and supply chain Head.
7. Understand and execute all Supply Chain activities such as stock taking, physical inventory count, inventory accuracy in allocation and consumption, material demand, sales order entry, and purchase order entry if needed.
8. Assess and manage inventory levels to ensure continuity of supply.
9. Liaise with work managers, technicians, customer service, buyers and sales to provide delivery dates and shipping information.
10. Manage shipper/ receiver
11. Maintain and updates IT system and make sure accuracy level is optimum.
- Superior interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Multitasking and prioritizing capabilities.
- Strong problem solver and able to create solutions to challenges in an expedient manner
- Excellent computer skills (e.g.: Outlook, Advance Excel & Word, ERP Systems).
- Exceptional attention to details
- Exceptional Time Management Skills and attention to details.
- Powerful Negotiator
- Multitasking and prioritizing capabilities
- Organization and Efficiency
- Problem Solving Skills
- IT and Numerical Skills
- Communication Skills
- Team Working Skills
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.