Team Leader Jobs In Dubai
About the job
The purpose of the role is to be responsible for the efficient and effective maintenance of all assets and all personnel in a designated area and ensure high operating reliability and safety during a designated shift. To continuously explore ways to deliver efficient and effective maintenance service by following the defined maintenance plans, practices and ways of working to ensure maintenance objectives are met.
This role is a subject to contract award and further details will be disclosed at a later stage.
Serco has a profound understanding of the region, having been operating in the Middle East since 1947 (for more than seven decades), where it harnesses international expertise, delivered on a local level.
- Ability to conform to all general and technical safety requirements at all times to ensure the health, safety & welfare of self and others at work.
- Any other work as assigned by the line manager to achieve the purpose.
- Can read interpret and describe the functionality of drawings (circuit and wiring diagrams/schematic and layout drawings) irrespective of systems.
- Can correctly setup and use electrical/mechanical test equipment and interpret the test results.
- Knowledge in the use & interpretation of Local and International Electrical /Mechanical Standards and Regulations.
- Ability to prepare various types of reports and CMMS work order management.
- Ability to adopt a logical or methodical approach to troubleshooting & fault finding.
- Acts a role model and leads the team by example with consistent attention to detail and quality by demonstrating a “get it right first time every time ” attitude to the job
Assets Exposure (Direct)
All assets in one or more of below segments.
* MEP systems and assets in Facilities
* Civil assets in buildings/building envelopes/Furnitures
* Utilities assets/systems/networks
* Airfield/Roads/Pavement related assets and systems
* Airfield Lighting/Outdoor lighting related assets and systems
Maintenance Experience (Hands-on)
For listed Assets, in the capacity as a lead person;
- Periodic Preventive Maintenance
- Breakdown Trouble Shooting
- Condition Assessment
- Condition Based Maintenance
- Corrective Maintenance
- Risk Assessments
- Permit to works
Tasks’ Experience (Hands-on)
Tasks such as, but not limited to:
- Successfully plans every aspect of the shift activities ahead (work allocation, materials, safety, mobilization, etc), extracting maximum productivity from the team
- Seeks continuous improvement consistently
- Follows applicable business process in full, uses the work management applications as envisaged
- Demonstrates accountability of team and its deliverables
- Fully conversant to SOP for the job, refers when required
- Good articulation ability demonstrated in tool box talk and job briefing
- Act as a role model to others
- Ensures shift reporting, handovers, records, log books comply with operational procedures
- Provides specialist advice and technical support in relation to fault-finding and repair of plant, systems and equipment
What we are looking for in our candidates
- Customer Service – See those they interact with as customer and seeks to identify and meet needs, taking swift action to resolve issues with integrity.
- Solves Problems – Identifies problems within own area of remit and takes responsibility for finding a solution regardless of the causes.
- Communicates Effectively – Clearly and concisely conveys information and ideas that engage others.
- Gains Others’ Trust – Interacts with others in a supportive way and in accordance with our Values.
- Judgement and Decision Making – Quickly recognizes and gets to grips with increasingly complex scenarios. Secures and compares information from multiple sources and exercises judgement to close the gaps in data and deal with increasing levels of ambiguity.
- Drive for Results – Is motivated to deliver results through leading large and diverse teams across functions or business units. Shows drive to make a difference across teams, community and nationally.
- Makes Decisions – Identifies and understands issues, problems and opportunities and takes action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences.
- Supports Difference – Works effectively with individuals of diverse cultures, interpersonal styles, abilities, motivations or background.
- Resilience – Stays focused and composed when under pressure to deliver, dealing constructively with setbacks and staying on course even when facing resistance or pressure to change.
- Lives Serco values – Trust, Care, Innovation and Innovation.
- Must have high school certificate.
- Industrial Training Institute Certificate / Diploma (3 year duration) in Motor Vehicle Maintenance or equivalent (post high school).
- Should have IOSH Working Safely Certificate or equivalent.
- Holding of valid UAE driving license is desirable
- Must have minimum four (4) years’ experience within large scaled Facility Maintenance environment or similar.
- Should be fluent in written and spoken English and have ability to communicate with staff, stakeholders and customers in oral and written English.
- Should have working knowledge in Ms Office (Word / Excel / PowerPoint, Outlook) etc.
- Able to perform safely and correctly the following;
- Risk assessments
- Issue Permits and Electrical/Mechanical Isolations and LOTO
- Planned preventative maintenance (PM) routines
- Corrective maintenance (CM)
- Breakdown maintenance (BD)
- MEP systems and assets in Facilities
- Civil assets in buildings/building envelopes/Furnitures
- Utilities assets/systems/networks
- Airfield/Roads/Pavement related assets and systems
- Airfield Lighting/Outdoor lighting related assets and systems
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), and SercoUnlimited (Disability). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Take pride in what you do
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative.
To apply for this job please visit careers.serco.com.