Website Delivery Hero
Senior Software Engineer Jobs in Dubai
Hiring Senior Software Engineer
When you think of food delivery in the MENA region, we’d be pretty surprised if talabat didn’t pop into your mind first! Since delivering our first order in Kuwait in 2004, we’ve grown quite a lot over the past 17 years.
Today, we deliver hundreds of millions of food orders, grocery items and other products per year, to our customers in nine countries throughout the region with more than 3,000+ employees! Our food delivery business works with over 27,000 brands and almost 50,000 branches, while our q-commerce concept, talabat mart, now delivers groceries to customers in Bahrain, Egypt, Jordan, Kuwait, Oman Qatar, and the UAE in 30 minutes or less!
Our philosophy is to make sure we do what is right for our ecosystem – our customers, our partners, our people, our riders, and the communities in which we operate. Our #techforgood program allows our customers a safe and convenient way to contribute to important causes in their community through donating to local and international charities directly on talabat with a focus on food insecurity in the region. Since its inception in 2020, we have facilitated the donation of well over 1 million meals to those in need, as well as donated over $1.5 million to charity with the help of our partners and customers. talabat is part of Delivery Hero, the global leader in online food delivery and q-commerce.
A Little Bit About Talabat
talabat is the leading online food and groceries ordering platform in MENA, operating in 9 countries across the region. Founded in 2004 by a small group of entrepreneurs in Kuwait, talabat’s success expanded to the rest of the GCC region, Egypt & Jordan, making it the largest and most popular food ordering app. With over 2,000+ employees and millions of users, we deliver hundreds of thousands of orders every day.
We are part of the Delivery Hero network building the next generation of online delivery platforms across the globe. Our network is truly international with engineering teams in 13 countries and operations in 40+ countries.
A Little Bit About Our Engineering Culture
We love finding new ways to shorten the feedback loops, create together and make an impact. To do so, our engineering culture and practices are based on eXtreme Programming (XP), Domain-Driven Design, Lean and Continuous Delivery
We believe that the assumption behind the “Speed vs Quality” mindset is flawed and that you can both have your cake and eat it too. For us, quality enables speed. Not in 2 years, but now.
Co-creating together with others through Pair and Mob programming helps us deliver more value sooner and find joy in our work by seeking productive human connections with others.
We find that engineers seeking to understand our product and business better understand the context of their work, which helps them to innovate, deliver more value to their customers and find more purpose in their work.
- Alongside your cross-functional team (engineering, product, data), participate in continuous discovery of your customer/business needs/desires/problems to drive desired outcomes
- Design, write and release software as a solution to an end-to-end problem in your business domain and deliver value in small batches in accordance with our engineering standards
- Understand scalability & complexity of your services and own & innovate the entire SDLC
- Mentor and inspire other engineers and continually optimize your team’s practices to develop it into a self-organized, continuously improving unit
- Critically question and simplify our tech org systems/processes and solutions
On top of very good technical skills, this role requires someone willing to assume end-to-end ownership of a specific area/initiative and thrives on emphasizing with their user pains/desires/needs. You are keen to explore alternative ways of working that optimize for co-creation and continuous improvement.
The following experience is relevant to us
- Empathetic and able to easily build relationships
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Humble, curious, and open-minded with a growth mindset, thriving on continuous feedback
- Understanding of lean/agile values & principles and associated practices
- Ability to mentor other engineers
- 5+ years of software engineering experience, preferably within Extreme Programming environment (TDD, Pair Programming, Simple Design, and Continuous Refactoring)
- Proficient in testing with focus on automated end to end quality
- Deep experience in iOS-specific application development (Swift/Objective-C and well-known application frameworks), best practices, and publishing in the App Store
- Open to work with emerging mobile cross platform frameworks (example: Flutter)
- Strong understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
- Strong familiarity with the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends/emerging tech
- Familiar with Analytics and A/B testing tools
- Proficiency with continuous integration and continuous delivery tools and techniques to keep the development branch always in a releasable state
LiveuaeJobs.com is the leading job site for professionals in the United Arab Emirates.
Make finding a job faster and easier. Tell us what you’re looking for and our Technology will get to work for you.
Join LiveuaeJobs.com Linkedin Page Here You Will Get Latest UAE Jobs.
Daily You Will Get Live UAE Jobs in Whatsapp Group Join Here.
Daily Live UAE Jobs In Telegram Group Join Here.
To apply for this job please visit careers.deliveryhero.com.